Welcome to Saint Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church
We are located at 4112 SW 6th Ave Dr. Portland, OR 97239
EVERY CATHOLIC IS WELCOME BACK TO ATTENDING MASS
Our Archbishop Sample has issued a Decree inviting all Catholics in our Archdiocese of Portland in Western Oregon to come back to Mass. Please click here to read it and other letters regarding the new guidelines.
Furthermore, followed the newest directive from our state government our Archbishop Sample and his Covid-19 Response Team have issued a new guideline that you can find it here.
When you come to celebrate the Mass with us beginning on 8/13/2021 until further notice, please keep in mind that:
- Mask wearing is now REQUIRED regardless of your vaccination status.
- Social distancing is not required, however. You can sit wherever you like in the pews. Please consider sitting toward the front so you won’t be disturbed by those who may come in late,
- At the Sign of Peace, a gentle nod at the neighbors next to you in the pew is suffice,
- Precious Blood is not distributed at Communion time. Please rest assured that by receiving the Body of Christ, you are also receiving His whole Real Presence.
- Presider will wear mask when he processes in and out and at distribution of Communion.
- Lector is not wearing Mass while s/he proclaims the Readings. But must wear mask when s/he participates at Mass.
- Choir members are to wear mask at all time during the Mass.
- Cantor is not wearing Mask when s/he leads a hymn. Otherwise, s/he is to wear mask as others do.
- Greeters/Ushers are to wear mask at all time while in the church.
Thank you very much for your cooperation during this difficult time. Your efforts, which are greatly appreciated, show the commitment to be responsible for the safety of ourselves and our neighbors. Please join with one another to pray, while doing every thing we can to protect ourselves, for the end of the pandemic. God never turns down sincere requests.
We do not post our livestream Mass at this point so to invite all Catholics to attend Mass in person instead.
We are excited to welcome back all Parishioners, both old and new, to the celebration of the Mass with us.
THE YEAR OF ST. JOSEPH
This new liturgical year is also named as “The Year of St. Joseph” by our Pope Francis. The Vatican has published a beautiful writing about his announcement. Please click here to read about it.
Our regular Mass times
- Tuesday to Friday at 8:30 am.
- Saturday at 4 pm.
- Sunday at 9 am and 11 am.
- After daily Mass.
- Saturday at 3pm.
- Or call the office to setup an appointment.